My English Journey: Learning, Working and Growing

 

Working at Metro Palmira – A Journey of Growth

I currently work at Supermercado Metro Palmira and I’m going through a promotion process. I’m proud of my job and all the things I’ve learned. I also study Logistics Process Coordination virtually, which helps me grow professionally.
Learning English is very useful in my workplace. It allows me to understand instructions, handle products with international labels, and communicate better in a professional environment. My goal is to keep growing and take on more responsibilities in the company.


Critical Thinking and Media Literacy

We live in a world full of information, but not all of it is true. Learning English has helped me understand global news and analyze information with a critical eye.
In class, we discussed how to detect fake news and media manipulation. Now, I always ask myself: Who is sharing this? What is their purpose? Is this reliable?
These skills help me think smarter and not believe everything I see on social media. Being media literate means being informed and responsible.


Crime and Punishment: What is Fair?

In our English lessons, we talked about crime and punishment. It's a complex topic that made me reflect a lot.
Some people think that strict punishment is the only solution, but I believe that education and second chances are also important. Many times, crime is the result of poverty or lack of opportunities.
Understanding how justice systems work in other countries was interesting. I learned new vocabulary, expressions, and how to give my opinion in English on this important subject.


Comentarios